Home Ask The Dentist Medicaid Polls Procedure Descriptions FAQ's Consultants Schools Directories Research


Dental Health Directory Library

FAQ:  Orthognathic Surgery

Video: Orthognathic Surgery Testimonial
Orthognathic Treatment Alternative

Tilted gums: My top teeth and gumline are tilted to one side.

I have no problem biting, but it really shows when I smile. Is there any way this can be fixed? ....Visitor from Barbados

If this cosmetic issue is actually being caused by an underlying structural - skeletal characteristic of your upper jaw, then orthognathic surgery by an oral surgeon may worth investigating.

If it is not structural but more of a soft tissue / periodontal tissue situation (lip positioning or upper lip movement) then seeking a consult with a periodontist or reconstructive dentist may provide some effective treatment options.

Editorial Staff

Return to Orthognathic Surgery FAQ

Return to FAQ Index

You also have the option of using Google search technology to conduct a specific search within our databases to find more specific information. Adjust search terms as needed to refine search results:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

[Home]   [Ask The Dentist]   [FAQ's]   [Polls]   [Consultants]   [Directories]   [Articles]  
Contact the Editor
Technical Treatment Protocol Diagnosis Error Assessment
Free No Cost Dentist Advice
Featured in
Part of the Dental Network
Health Issues in Dentistry
Orthognathic Surgery FAQ
All rights reserved - 1999-2016
Powered by DentMedHost
Dental Pros and Cons

Free Dentistry
Bad Teeth Gums Gallery