Home Ask The Dentist Medicaid Polls Procedure Descriptions FAQ's Consultants Schools Directories Research


Dental Health Directory Library

FAQ:  Open Bite

I have an eight year old boy who preliminarily has been diagnosed with skeletal open bite. Is he too young for surgery and/or orthodontics? I'm concerned that his bones are not developed enough for surgery to help. ...Visitor from OH

You need to visit the AAFO.org website and find an orthodontist who specializes in craniomandibular problems. I would also find a hospital program near you that has oral surgeons on staff who deal with these issues. Your child may be too young for surgery, but perfect for functional appliance treatment if you can find someone who specializes in this area.

Get at least 4 opinions before you do anything. You should pay an orthodontist in your area the fee for a complete orthodontic exam package and have that doctor give you the records so you can get more opinions.

Editorial Staff

Return to Open Bite FAQ

Return to FAQ Index

You also have the option of using Google search technology to conduct a specific search within our databases to find more specific information. Adjust search terms as needed to refine search results:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

[Home]   [Ask The Dentist]   [FAQ's]   [Polls]   [Consultants]   [Directories]   [Articles]  
Contact the Editor
Technical Treatment Protocol Diagnosis Error Assessment
Free No Cost Dentist Advice
Featured in
Part of the Dental Network
Health Issues in Dentistry
Open Bite FAQ
All rights reserved - 1999-2020
Dental Pros and Cons

Free Dentistry
Bad Teeth Gums Gallery