Home Ask The Dentist Medicaid Polls Procedure Descriptions FAQ's Consultants Schools Directories Research


Dental Health Directory Library

FAQ:  Impacted Teeth

Impacted Incisors Dentistry Ask The Dentist Edward Leventhal Question:
I am 16, going to be 17 in a few months, and I have two impacted incisors. And I have been told that I have to go see the orthodontist, for braces. I really don't think that braces are going to help, unless I have to have some surgery first.

Please let me know what exactly would need to be done. And if I have to get braces, how long will I need to wear them? Visitor from PA

Katie, the orthodontist would need to place braces on you as an anchor in order to pull down the impacted incisors. The oral surgeon would need to place an attachment to your impacted incisors in order for the orthodontist to pull these down. Please visit an orthodontist for a free consultation.

Edward Leventhal, DDS
Baltimore Cosmetic Implant Dentistry
8860 Belair Road
Baltimore, MD 21236
(410) 256-7300

Return to Impacted Teeth FAQ

Return to FAQ Index

You also have the option of using Google search technology to conduct a specific search within our databases to find more specific information. Adjust search terms as needed to refine search results:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

[Home]   [Ask The Dentist]   [FAQ's]   [Polls]   [Consultants]   [Directories]   [Articles]  
Contact the Editor
Technical Treatment Protocol Diagnosis Error Assessment
Free No Cost Dentist Advice
Featured in
Part of the Dental Network
Health Issues in Dentistry
Impacted Tooth FAQ
All rights reserved - 1999-2016
Powered by DentMedHost
Dental Pros and Cons

Free Dentistry
Bad Teeth Gums Gallery