Home Ask The Dentist Medicaid Polls Procedure Descriptions FAQ's Consultants Schools Directories Research


Dental Health Directory Library

FAQ:  Tooth Enamel

Synthetic Enamel?
Video: Tooth Enamel Remineralization
Acid Erosion Photos
Stop - Remove Calcium Spots
Click here Cosmetic Dentists
Repairing Tooth Enamel

Enamel Loss - Erosion Ask The Dentist Corinne Scalzitti Question:
I have always taken care of my teeth, but was recently diagnosed with acid reflux disease. I can also tell that I clench my teeth at night.

What can I do to protect my teeth? I already have noticeable indentions in the back of my top front teeth that have left sharp edges near the gumline.

Do I need a night guard? Could that pool the acid around my teeth? I am taking Zegerid, a medication to reduce the production of acid, but is it enough to protect my teeth against stomach acid? ...Visitor from MS

Yes, you probably need a nightguard. Maybe you need to put a fluoride solution into the nightguard.

You need to see a dentist ASAP for professional advice and treatment. Your condition will only worsen until you seek help.

Corinne Scalzitti, DMD, MAGD

Return to Enamel FAQ

Return to FAQ Index

You also have the option of using Google search technology to conduct a specific search within our databases to find more specific information. Adjust search terms as needed to refine search results:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

[Home]   [Ask The Dentist]   [FAQ's]   [Polls]   [Consultants]   [Directories]   [Articles]  
Contact the Editor
Technical Treatment Protocol Diagnosis Error Assessment
Free No Cost Dentist Advice
Featured in
Part of the Dental Network
Health Issues in Dentistry
Enamel Loss and Erosion FAQ
All rights reserved - 1999-2016
Powered by DentMedHost
Dental Pros and Cons

Free Dentistry
Bad Teeth Gums Gallery