Home Ask The Dentist Medicaid Polls Procedure Descriptions FAQ's Consultants Schools Directories Research


Dental Health Directory Library

FAQ:  Discolored Teeth

I have had an apicectomy a year ago on a front tooth. It seems to be slowly going grey. Will it eventually go really grey? Could it break off?

I can't have a crown done because I am left with trigeminal neuralgia and don't want to interfere with it. I appreciate any advice. ...Visitor from Graz, Australia

There is a procedure that can reverse discoloration from a root canal tooth. It is called the walking bleach procedure.

A dentist makes a small opening on the back side of the tooth, places dental bleaching solution and covers the hole with composite tooth colored material. The bleach works from the inside out to reverse the discoloration.

The beauty of this is, since the nerve was removed during the root canal procedure, you won't need to receive a shot. Contact your local dentist and ask if he/she does the walking bleach procedure.

Editorial Staff

Return to Discolored Teeth FAQ

Return to FAQ Index

You also have the option of using Google search technology to conduct a specific search within our databases to find more specific information. Adjust search terms as needed to refine search results:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

[Home]   [Ask The Dentist]   [FAQ's]   [Polls]   [Consultants]   [Directories]   [Articles]  
Contact the Editor
Technical Treatment Protocol Diagnosis Error Assessment
Free No Cost Dentist Advice
Featured in
Part of the Dental Network
Health Issues in Dentistry
Discolored Teeth FAQ
All rights reserved - 1999-2016
Powered by DentMedHost
Dental Pros and Cons

Free Dentistry
Bad Teeth Gums Gallery