Home Ask The Dentist Medicaid Polls Procedure Descriptions FAQ's Consultants Schools Directories Research


Dental Health Directory Library

FAQ:  Broken Jaw

Oral Surgeon Directory

Lower denture with broken jaw: I broke my jaw several years ago and lost all top teeth. I have an upper denture.

I have now lost a few lower teeth but the remainder are in bad condition. My dentist wants to remove all of them and put in 4 implants and a full lower plate.

The problem is I have lots of pain where the jaw was broken and if pushed on, my jaw moves and causes pain up to my ears. Would this treatment work for me? ...Visitor from Mahwah NJ

Your best bet is to find a Prosthodontist who routinely "teams" with an Oral Surgeon.

Prosthodontic-Oral Surgeon teams are the usual "experts" when developing prosthetic devices for jawbone and teeth replacement issues in cases of trauma and birth defects.

They are especially creative in developing a custom solution. If there are State Dental Schools within commuting distance, consider getting a consult with them.

Editorial Staff

Return to Broken Jaw Dentistry FAQ

Return to FAQ Index

You also have the option of using Google search technology to conduct a specific search within our databases to find more specific information. Adjust search terms as needed to refine search results:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

[Home]   [Ask The Dentist]   [FAQ's]   [Polls]   [Consultants]   [Directories]   [Articles]  
Contact the Editor
Technical Treatment Protocol Diagnosis Error Assessment
Free No Cost Dentist Advice
Featured in
Part of the Dental Network
Health Issues in Dentistry
Broken Jaw Dentistry
All rights reserved - 1999-2020
Dental Pros and Cons

Free Dentistry
Bad Teeth Gums Gallery