Home Ask The Dentist Medicaid Polls Procedure Descriptions FAQ's Consultants Schools Directories Research


Dental Health Directory Library

FAQ:  Adult Orthodontics

Smart Alternative to Flossing Braces
Can I Use My Retainers Again?

Lost Retainer Treatment Option
Invisalign - Veneer Combination
Brace Pain and Hygiene Products
Which Age to Start?
Braces + Veneer Combo
Orthognathic Surgery Alternative
Orthodontist Directory
Underbite FAQ
Overbite FAQ
Braces FAQ
Foods to Avoid
Ice Invisible Brackets
Invisalign Candidates
Six Month Ortho
Failed Orthodontics
Become a Research Subject
Bite Occlusion Poll
Extraction Orthodontics
Childrens Ortho FAQ

Orthognathic Surgery Success - A Testimonial
Avoid Headgear and Extraction Ortho
3M Unitek Self Ligating Braces
Tooth Enamel White Spot Treatment
Lingual Braces
Myobrace: Non Metallic Ortho Braces
Orthodontic Treatment Procedures

Adult Orthodontics Ask The Dentist  Richard Winter Question:
Fixed underbite years ago, but growing back now: I had braces from age 12-16.

My teeth had to get aligned and I had a bad underbite which was fixed with a headgear. However, I never fully felt like my underbite got fixed.

Although I was able to pull my lower jaw back and get a good bite, it took a lot of effort and I still felt that at resting position, my underbite was back. This is very uncomfy for me because I always feel like my tongue is pushing through and I'm biting on it.

Well, I'm now 25 years old and recently I feel like it's gotten worse. Not sure if I'm paying attention more now or what, but it's just bothering me. What can I do to fix this? I don't want braces again and I don't want a harsh surgery. ....Visitor from IL

You will need braces or an ortho consultation to discuss your problems.

If you had a skeletal problem with braces and have had a relapse, you need to see an orthodontist to discuss strategies to correct your relapse. I wish you luck.

Wisconsin Reconstructive Implant Dentistry
Wisconsin Prosthodontics
Richard Winter, DDS MAGD
Winter Dental Associates
Hampton Dental Associates
5323 W. Hampton Avenue
Milwaukee Wisconsin WI 53218
(414) 464-9021

Return to Adult Orthodontics FAQ

Return to FAQ Index

You also have the option of using Google search technology to conduct a specific search within our databases to find more specific information. Adjust search terms as needed to refine search results:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

[Home]   [Ask The Dentist]   [FAQ's]   [Polls]   [Consultants]   [Directories]   [Articles]  
Contact the Editor
Technical Treatment Protocol Diagnosis Error Assessment
Free No Cost Dentist Advice
Featured in
Part of the Dental Network
Health Issues in Dentistry
Adult Orthodontics FAQ
All rights reserved - 1999-2016
Powered by DentMedHost
Dental Pros and Cons

Free Dentistry
Bad Teeth Gums Gallery