Home Ask The Dentist Medicaid Polls Procedure Descriptions FAQ's Consultants Schools Directories Research


Dental Health Directory Library

FAQ:  Tooth Eruption

Pictures: Super Eruption

Erupted canine tooth: I've had an erupted canine tooth for years it sticks over a baby tooth that never came out.

I want to finally deal with it. What are my options on how to treat? ... Visitor from Phoenix

To assure no damage occurs to the periodontal attachments and more importantly, the jawbone in the affected area, a consult with a Periodontist would be worthwhile.

Some Periodontists have the talent for "moving" a tooth without orthodontic treatment.

Otherwise, braces may be needed for a short time.

Ideally, seeing a Periodontist first.... to get the best advice from a "tissue level" perspective would be worthwhile.

The periodontist can refer you to an orthodontist, that he/she may have worked with in the past, with other patients who have had your treatment need.

Editorial Staff

Return to Eruption FAQ

Return to FAQ Index

You also have the option of using Google search technology to conduct a specific search within our databases to find more specific information. Adjust search terms as needed to refine search results:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

[Home]   [Ask The Dentist]   [FAQ's]   [Polls]   [Consultants]   [Directories]   [Articles]  
Contact the Editor
Technical Treatment Protocol Diagnosis Error Assessment
Free No Cost Dentist Advice
Featured in
Part of the Dental Network
Health Issues in Dentistry
Tooth Eruption
All rights reserved - 1999-2020
Dental Pros and Cons

Free Dentistry
Bad Teeth Gums Gallery