Home Ask The Dentist Medicaid Polls Procedure Descriptions FAQ's Consultants Schools Directories Research


Dental Health Directory Library

FAQ:  Receding Gums

Normal Recession
Self Diagnosis Symptom List
Anatomy of gum recession
Tissue Grafting
Treating Periodontal Disease

Tunnel Grafts - Growing New Gum Tissue
Popular Treatment Choices
Gum Recession - An Anatomy
Tissue Harvesting for Gum Surgery

Which type of dentist to see first? I have receding gums, bone loss due to missing teeth, and may need root canals in same area.

What do I take care of first? Who do I see? ... Visitor from Texas

Getting a consult or two with a Periodontist or an Implant Dentist with a substantial treatment history would make the most sense at this point. Tissue conditions (both bone AND gum tissue) should be paramount.

If a Periodontist specialist is not available, consider consulting with a Prosthodontist. Getting Root Canal Treatments before establishing tissue health conditions could lead to a considerable waste of treatment costs.

Editorial Staff

Return to Receding Gums FAQ

Return to FAQ Index

You also have the option of using Google search technology to conduct a specific search within our databases to find more specific information. Adjust search terms as needed to refine search results:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

[Home]   [Ask The Dentist]   [FAQ's]   [Polls]   [Consultants]   [Directories]   [Articles]  
Contact the Editor
Technical Treatment Protocol Diagnosis Error Assessment
Free No Cost Dentist Advice
Featured in
Part of the Dental Network
Health Issues in Dentistry
Receding Gums Health FAQ
All rights reserved - 1999-2020
Dental Pros and Cons

Free Dentistry
Bad Teeth Gums Gallery