Home Ask The Dentist Medicaid Polls Procedure Descriptions FAQ's Consultants Schools Directories Research


Dental Health Directory Library

FAQ:  Cracked Tooth

About three years ago I was disabled by the pain in the jaw area. It took about two weeks before a specialist was called who located the tooth and said it was a cracked tooth that allowed bacteria to form and cause this tremendous pain. A root canal was completed and a cap was applied.

The pain I have now seems to be in the same area and is triggered by heat, coffee or such, and soothed with cold water. Most inpirtant to me is who should I contact? What type of dentist can diagnose the problem and treat it? Visitor from PA

A cracked-tooth syndrome is succesfully treated by a root canal and crown in over 95% of the cases. If you are still having pain, seek the advice of an Endodontist.

It is very possible that the tooth can not be saved due to a deep crack that is not responding to the root canal treatment.

Editorial Staff

Return to Cracked Tooth FAQ

Return to FAQ Index

You also have the option of using Google search technology to conduct a specific search within our databases to find more specific information. Adjust search terms as needed to refine search results:

Page copy protected against web site content infringement by Copyscape

[Home]   [Ask The Dentist]   [FAQ's]   [Polls]   [Consultants]   [Directories]   [Articles]  
Contact the Editor
Technical Treatment Protocol Diagnosis Error Assessment
Free No Cost Dentist Advice
Featured in
Part of the Dental Network
Health Issues in Dentistry
Cracked Tooth Questions
Diagnosing Detecting Teeth Cracks
All rights reserved - 1999-2020
Dental Pros and Cons

Free Dentistry
Bad Teeth Gums Gallery